including the 18 DOK Co-Pro Market taking place October 17–18, 2022 in Leipzig and featuring 35 international documentary and animated documentary projects in development and matches project holders with new partners for co-production, financing and distribution. The Co-Pro Market expands networks, creates fruitful opportunities for new creative documentaries and affords glimpses into the documentary crystal ball to see future paths towards sustainability and equality.
Partner delegations are invited to participate in the Co-Pro Market Open Programme that takes place alongside the main market activities. The programme consists of informal networking offers and discussions led by international experts who share their knowledge on the international market and co-production.
The call for projects to the DOK Co-Pro Market is still open until 21 July.
Discover new German film projects ready for an international audience: DOK Preview Germany gives you a first glance of what is to come. This showcase presents a mix of work-in-progress and newly completed films with international distribution in mind.
Your production will be in its final stages in October and you'd love to present it in front of international buyers, editors, world sales, festivals and distributors?
German Films and DOK Industry are giving you a stage to do just that:
Submit your project until 22 August and present it on 17 October at DOK Preview Germany.
We'll bring the industry audience – and the drinks.
What we're looking for:
• Feature-length documentaries
• with majority German participation
Awards presented at the 2021 edition were:
• The Saxon Award for the Best Documentary Project by a Female Director came with a 5,000 € prize and was sponsored by the Saxon State Ministry for Science, Culture and Tourism (SMWK).
• The Current Time TV Award, along with 1,500 €, went to a project from Central or Eastern Europe.
• The EWA Diverse Voices Award was introduced as a brand-new award by the European Women’s Audiovisual Network and came along with 1,000 € donated by EWA and a year-long mentorship by DOK Leipzig.