52 Visions du Réel will present 142 films originating from 58 countries. 41% of the films selected were directed by women; 31 films are first films. While the International Film Festival Nyon will be held predominantly in a virtual format, its official selection emphasises its pioneering role when it comes to exploring the spectrum of documentary filmmaking practices. Moreover, with 26 Swiss (co)productions, the festival affirms itself as an essential partner of national creation.
Discover the Flashback video of the 52nd edition of Visions du Réel!
LineUp German productions and co-productions
- 27 STEPS by Andrea Schramm, 21min, [Compétition Internationale Moyens & Courts Métrages]
- COURAGE by Aliaksei Paluyan, 90min, P: LPP Living Pictures Production GbR [Compétition Internationale Longs Métrages]
- THE FIRST 54 YEARS by Avi Mograbi, coP: ma.ja.de. Filmproduktions, [Compétition Internationale Longs Métrages]
- GARDERIE NOCTURNE – NIGHT NURSERY by Moumouni Sanou, 67min, coP: Blinker Film [LATITUDES]
- THE GREAT VOID | DIE GROSSE LEERE by Sebastian Mez, 86min [Compétition Burning Lights]
- KHAN'S FLESH | TELO KHANA by Krystsina Savutsina, 57min, [Compétition Internationale Moyens & Courts Métrages]
- LANDSCAPES OF RESISTANCE by Marta Popivoda, 95min, [LATITUDES]
- THE ORPHANAGE by Teboho Edkins, 8min, [Compétition Internationale Moyens & Courts Métrages]
- SORTES by Mónica Martins Nunes, 38min [Compétition Internationale Moyens & Courts Métrages]
- ZINDER by Aïcha Macky, 82min, coP: CORSO Films [Compétition Internationale Longs Métrages]
VdR–Industry will take place from April 14 to April 22, both online and in person.
Dedicated to cinema professionals, VdR–Industry and its activities represent a springboard for future films to find support in every stage of their production.
The Wolves Always Come at Night by Gabrielle Brady Germany, Australia, Mongolia, P: Julia Niethammer with CHROMOSOM FILM GmbH ,
as single page
• 52 Visions du Réel, Nyon 2021 •
• 51 Visions du Réel, Nyon 2020 •
• 50 Visions du Réel, Nyon 2019 •
• 49 Visions du Réel, Nyon 2018 •