ENTIRELY FOR FREE!
The 51st edition of the festival has been transformed into a digital version. Visions du Réel 2020 will take place online from April 17 to May 2, 2020.
• TRAILER •
The sections of the festival are:
• Burning Lights International Competition: An international competition dedicated to new vocabularies and expressions, to research and to narrative and formal experimentation.
• Grand Angle: Feature films that have already wowed audiences at other festivals or that shall mark the coming year.
• International Feature Film Competition: Contemporary documentary filmmaking through a selection of original and singular feature films..
• International Medium Length & Short Film Competition: Contemporary documentary filmmaking through a selection of original and singular medium length and short films.
• Latitudes: A non-competitive section that aims to reveal a panorama of current documentary practices.
• National Competition: A competition dedicated to feature and medium length films produced or coproduced by Switzerland.
• Opening Scenes: A section dedicated to first short films or student films. The invited filmmakers present their films as part of the Festival’s official selection and participate in a specially developed programme of industry-related professional activities..
LineUp German productions and co-productions
- COWS ON THE ROOF | KÜHE AUF DEM DACH by Aldo Gugolz, 80mins, Switzerland (National Competition)
- MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL by Sascha Schöberl, 84mins, Germany, China P: DOCDAYS Productions GmbH, PBS... (Grand Angle)
- NARDJES A. by Karim Aïnouz, 80mins, Algeria, France, Germany, Brazil, Qatar P: watchmen productions GmbH, MPM Film, Inflamavel (Latitudes)
- OECONOMIA by Carmen Losmann, 89mins, Germany, P: Petrolio Film GmbH, (Grand Angle?)
- ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SPOON by Pierre Borel, Lea Lanoë, 18mins, France, Germany (Opening Scenes)
- THE PAGEANT by Eytan Ipeker, 82mins, Turkey, France, Israel, Germany P: KAMARA, weltfilm,... (Compétition Internationale Longs Métrages)
- PURPLE SEA by Amel Alzakout, Khaled Abdulwahed, 67mins, Germany P: pong film GmbH, (International Feature Film Competition)
- SING ME A SONG by Thomas Balmès, Switzerland, France, Germany WS: dogwoof, (Grand Angle)
- AN UNUSUAL SUMMER by Kamal Aljafari, 80mins, Germany, Palestine (Burning Lights)