- 2022 the shared main award goes to Maria Speth's MR BACHMANN AND HIS CLASS and Franz Böhm's DEAR FUTURE CHILDREN .
- The Audience Award goes to DEAR FUTURE CHILDREN by Franz Böhm.
- The Promotial Award by HAUS DES DOKUMENTARFILMS goes to Antonia Kilian's THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER.
- The Prize of the Norbert Daldrop Förderung für Kunst und Kultur goes to Ruth Rieser's INTERPRETATION OF REALITY – GEORG STEFAN TROLLER, an Austrian coproduction with the SWR.
- The Music Award SWR goes to Enrique Sánchez Lansch's A SYMPHONY OF NOISE – MATTHEW HERBERT'S REVOLUTION .
- The Honorary Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 goes to WERNER HERZOG .
"...a great personality whose work inspires and inspires generations of filmmakers. For almost six decades now, he has taken his camera into parts of our world where no other director has dared to go, to tell stories in a way that no one else even considered. His films impressively demonstrate why Werner Herzog is regarded as one of the boldest and most visionary filmmakers of our time – a director whom both Milos Forman and Francois Truffaut described as 'the greatest living filmmaker'. On behalf of the SWR Doku Festival, I would like to congratulate Werner Herzog on receiving the Honorary Award of the German Documentary Award." CEO of SWR, Prof. Dr. Kai Gniffke says.
Out of 100 submissions an independent jury, Prof. Regina Ziegler, Gero von Boehm, Prof. Aelrun Goette, Prof. Astrid Pellengahr and Prof. Bettina Reitz nominated twelve documentaries for the German Documentary Award as well as three documentaries for original score in a German documentary production. Interview with Prof. Regina Ziegler __German only__
- INTERPRETATION OF REALITY – GEORG STEFAN TROLLER | AUSLEGUNG DER WIRKLICHKEIT – GEORG TROLLER by Ruth Rieser [SWR/ORF]
- DEAR FUTURE CHILDREN by Franz Böhm, 89min, WS: MAGNETFILM GmbH
- HARALD NAEGELI – THE ZURICH SPRAYER | DER SPRAYER VON ZÜRICH – HARALD NAEGELI by Nathalie David, 97min, WS: PS Films Peter Spoerri
- IN SEARCH OF MONSTERS | SLAHI UND SEINE FOLTERER by John Goetz, 87min, P: Hoferichter & Jacobs GmbH [3sat, NDR/arte]
- MONOBLOC by Hauke Wendler, 90min, WS: Deckert Distribution, P: PIER 53 Filmproduktion
- MR BACHMANN AND HIS CLASS | HERR BACHMANN UND SEINE KLASSE by Maria Speth, 217min, WS: FILMS Boutique
- THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER by Antonia Kilian, 92min, WS: Syndicado Distribution,
- STORIES OF DADS | VÄTER UNSER by Sophie Linnenbaum
- WHO OWNS MY VILLAGE? | WEM GEHÖRT MEIN DORF? by Christoph Eder, 96min, P: ostlicht filmproduktion GmbH ,
- WIRECARD – DIE MILLIARDEN-LÜGE by Benji Bergmann, Jono Bergmann, 99min [RBB, NDR, SWR, BR, Sky Studios, ARTE]
- ZINDER by Aicha Macky, 85min, P: CORSO Film
- ZUHUR'S DAUGHTERS | ZUHURS TÖCHTER by Laurentia Genske, Robin Humboldt, 89min, P: CORSO Film
2022 the members of the jury Music Award SWR are Fola Dada, Rainer Homburg and CAMPINO aka Andreas Frege. __Interview German only___
- GLOBAL WAGNER | WAGNER, BAYREUTH UND DER REST DER WELT by Axel Brüggemann, 98min
- A SYMPHONY OF NOISE – MATTHEW HERBERT'S REVOLUTION by Enrique Sánchez Lansch, 93min
- ROSENSTOLZ: LIEBE IST ALLES by Tim Evers, 89min [MDR/ARD-Mediathek]
as single page:
• German Documentary Award 2022 •
• German Documentary Award 2020 •
• German Documentary Award 2019 •
• German Documentary Award 2018 •