THE GRANIT- for the best documentary goes to LUCHADORAS by Patrick Jasim and Paola Calvo.
The documentary film award GRANIT donated by the Hermann and Bertl Müller Foundation, is awarded for the best documentary of the festival and comes with a prize money of 7.500€. This year's jury have been Marcus Richardt, Cordula Kablitz-Post and Douglas Wolfsperger.
Again, the Hof International Film Festival will take place as a dual festival. Screenings in cinemas according to the hygiene regulations from 26 to 31 October, then plus7streamdays meaning one week until November 7 the films are available online in Germany.
LineUp German documentary productions and co-productions
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED | ALLES. WAS MAN BRAUCHT by Antje Hubert, 98min, D: Die Thede .
- AND GENTLY FLOWS THE RHINE | UND RUHIG FLIESST DER RHEIN by Volker Klotzsch, Oliver Matthes, P: rootfilms G.b.R.
- BARRICADE – PICTURES OF A FOREST OCCUPATION | BARRIKADE – BILDER EINER WALDBESETZUNG by David Klammer, 83min
- GO HEAL YOURSELF | GEH UND HEILE DICH SELBST by Yasmin C. Rams, 106min
- HEAVY METAL DANCERS by Gretta Sammalniemi, 79min, P: Elfenholz Film GmbH, HFF Munich
- HIGHFALUTIN by Hans Broich, 96min
- ISOLATION by Michele Placido, Julia von Heinz, Michael Winterbottom, Jaco Van Dormael, Olivier Guerpillon, 92min
- LUCHADORAS by Paola Calvo, Patrick Jasim, 92min
- MY STRANGE COUNTRY | MEIN FREMDES LAND by Marius Brüning, Johannes Preuß
- NACH DER ARBEIT by Alexander Riedel, 120min
- SCHATTENKIND by Andreas Arnstedt, 51min
- SEASIDE SPECIAL by Jens Meurer, 91min
- DIE WETTERMACHER by Stanislaw Mucha, 92min
- WE ARE ALL DETROIT – WHAT STAYS AND WHAT DISAPPEARS | WE ARE ALL DETROIT – VOM BLEIBEN UND VERSCHWINDEN by Ulrike Franke, Michael Loeken, P: filmproduktion loekenfrank
- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE by André Schäfer, Hartmut Kasper, 90min, P: FLORIANFILM GMBH
SPEEDDATING @ 55 HOF IFF
Other events such as the HoF PLUS framework program as well as the HoF 7 Minutes Pitch for newcomers, will also be organized in accordance with the current pandemic requirements.
This year the pitching session 7 MINUTES even goes one step further. As part of HoF PLUS it offers up-and-coming filmmakers the chance to network in the industry and also find additional strong partners for the realization of their material.
The session will take place on Thursday, 28 October 2021 from 10:00-12:30 within the framework of the HoF PLUS program of the Hof International Film Festival. The pitching languages are German or English.