For 41 years, the Max Ophüls Prize Film Festival has been dedicated to the presentation and promotion of young German-language films. With its focus exclusively on works by new talents from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg, the Max Ophüls Prize is regarded as the most important young film festival in the German-speaking world.
Latest news - German only - SORRY.
LineUp of German productions — competition documentary:
- A PERFECT RUN | DER PERFEKTE RUN by Lea Becker, 94min P: Jupiter Fiction, HFF
- FRITSCH'S FLUB | FRITSCH'S PFUSCH by Lisa Wagner, 79min, P: Pulverfilm
- GLITTER AND DUST | GLITZER UND STAUB by Anna Koch, Julia Lemke, 91min, P: FLARE FILM GmbH
- KIW by Frederik Arens Grandin, 73min, P: Blinker Filmprod.
- LOST IN FACE by Valentin Riedl, 81min, P: CORSO Film
- PASSION PLAYS | PASSIONSSPIELE by Luka Lara Steffen, 76min P: KHM
- RULES OF THE ASSEMBLY LINE, AT HIGH SPEED | REGELN AM BAND, BEI HOHER GESCHWINDIGKEIT by Yulia Lokshina, 92min, P: wirFILM GmbH & HFF
- SILVIA IS MY NAME by Max Benyo, 63min, P: Max Benyo & Filmuniversität Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF
- SUMMERWAR | SOMMERKRIEG by Moritz Schulz, 78min, P: Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg
- STANDING IN FRONT OF MANY HOUSES by Ekaterina Reinbold, 68min
...and the Award of Honour 2020 goes to Rosa von Praumheim
"Countless contributions in the past 40 years of our up-and-coming film festival would never have come about without the influence and work of Rosa von Praunheim. For the young talents, but also for our society, he is an unconditional role model in his multi-faceted work," says festival director Svenja Böttger. "We are very pleased to award Rosa von Praunheim with the festival's honorary prize for his inspiration and encouragement to us all to draw art from the heart".