Double Income, Kids
Original Hebrew/ English/ Spanish version in 94min with English or German subtitles available We accompany an Israeli gay couple, Motty and Alon, on their journey to have biological twins through their gestational surrogate, Krista, from Oregon/USA.
For a period of one year, we look into the couple’s daily lives in Israel. We observe how they cope with the financial, medical, social and religious issues Israel’s reality poses them on their quest for fatherhood.
Through their personal story, the film raises questions about parenthood, social norms and the zeitgeist of our technologically advanced world. A close look on Israel’s society and the main stream gay baby boom. Caligari Promotion Prize 2016
Vision de Reél, Nyon - Media Library
53 Hof IFF - World Premiere
- Director Hendrik Schäfer
- Producer Igor Dovgal (Executive Producer), Denise Neustadt, Hendrik Schäfer
- Screenwriter Hendrik Schäfer
- Director of Photography Hendrik Schäfer
- Editor Ina Tangermann, Julia Meyer-Pavlovic, Hendrik Schäfer
- Sound Design Niklas Menschik
- Score Patrick Puszko
- Digital Colorist Frank Hellwig (& VFX)
- Other Iris Schwarz (Motion & Graphic Designer), Thomas Rother (Rerecording Mixer), Johanna Roth (Foley Artist)